Sunday, July 19, 2009

Celtic Cardigan

I have been eyeing this pattern for awhile and I finally gave in and bought it yesterday. It was the last one available at Yarn Indulgences, a cute little knitting shop in Kitchener, Ontario.
The colors in this Fleece artist yarn kit really won me over! Very soft turquoises and greens.
The pattern is called Celtic Cardigan by Fleece Artist (from Nova Scotia).
It took me awhile to figure out the instructions given on the tiny card that came with the yarn. I guess that when you try to fit a cardigan pattern on such a small card, you take for granted that your knitters will have some experience and some strong desire to decipher the pattern on their own. I read it several times and all of a sudden it was as clear as spring water!
The pattern is such that it is completely reversible. It uses two balls of yarn at the same time in order to eliminate all possibilities of colour pooling.

It's knitted from side to side, making vertical stripes. I knitted the whole way home and I am almost done all of the back.

It's a really quick knit with a simple pattern repeat. I just love how soft this yarn is. It's 65% wool and 35% silk. This would be a great travelling knitting project but I love it too much to keep it just for the car!
Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment