Sunday, October 4, 2009

Soapy production

I have been working with a new ingredient in my soapmaking and I am having so much fun. Titanium dioxide is used to provide whiteness to soaps, creams, lotions and cosmetics. Titanium dioxide is the naturally occurring oxide of titanium. It has meant that I can better control the coloring of my soaps.


Starting with White chocolate: I would never been able to achieve such a creamy white color before! The smell of chocolate is divine, makes me want to take a bite!!


Next is this Northern Pine scent soap made with pink clay added to part of the raw soap.


Then I made this soap by adding cut-up pieces of another soap. It is scented with a honey fragrance. I think this one is my favorite.


And the soap I made yesterday is still curing. I used methylene blue to color part of it. This colorant changes from pink to purple to blue while the soap is curing. I hope to end up with a wonderful shade of blue since the soap is scented with a blueberry fragrance. I will show you pictures of this soap once I cut it.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, the honey sounds delicious - um, y'know, for your skin. hehehe

    ReplyDelete