Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let me tell you about the knitting...

Finally, I have a quiet morning with no emergencies...so far!


My father is quite ill and my little sister is as well. My mother is so exhausted that I am now quite concerned about her as well. These are the reasons I have had to leave my blog aside for awhile.
My daughter has just arrived from Calgary with hubby and our little grand daughter of 3 months! It is so wonderful to have bébé O in our house, to be able to cuddle and kiss her everyday! They will be with us for 5 weeks! that's right! 5 wonderful weeks!!

But back to knitting...

I am so far behind in posting about my knitting that I do not know where to start.


Let me tell you about Green Thumb fingerless mitts.



This mitt has a leaf pattern on the thumb, hence the name of the pattern. I knitted it in a red recycled 100% wool yarn I had in my stash. It has flecks of colour thoughout.



The pattern is available on Ravelry for a mere $2.50. It is a very well written pattern, very easy to follow. Well worth it!




The only thing is the thumb section is kinda big on my thumb. Maybe my yarn is a tiny bit thicker that the one suggested for the pattern. But nevertheless, I love them. I wore them so much this fall.

I have started another Green thumb pair in a navy blue yarn. But this pair, I have done the ribbing only on the wrist. The rest of the mitt is done in stockinette stitch exept for around the leaf pattern. It will be less bulky, I think.



Now, let me see...what shall I tell you about tomorrow???

Oh, I know! I must show you the finglerless mitts I knitted for Christmas, before I give them away! See ya tomorrow!!! (Can you tell I am now on Holidays!)

No comments:

Post a Comment