Sunday, January 31, 2010

All about socks

I love to visit a few thrift shops in my area. I usually check out the dishes (I collect pottery and have come across some unbelievable finds) and the linens (I love nice linens!). I do not often check out the books, clothes and shoes.
When I went to my favorites thrift shop last week, for some reason, I started to check out the craft books they had. I got this wonderful sock knitting book!
I was really excited about it.
The book is written in such a way to teach loads of techniques on making great socks.


I started reading Chapter one and the first pattern teaches a different way of doing the gusset increases. The little sock is called Little Sky. Clic on the name to see it's Ravelry page.
I could not only make one of these practice socks, so I got extra practice by making the second too! After all, a pair of socks is much better than a single!!
Notice how the increases are done on the front of the sock and not on the side.
It has really nice explanation of how to pick up the wrap and turn stitches on the short row heal.
The little socks will most likely be a little bit big for bébé O but they will fit her later.

Now on to the next chapter that calls for toe up socks called Little Coriolis. I've never done that kind of cast on yet. So it should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. You were so lucky to find this book discounted. I loved playing around with the different approaches to heel treatments.

    ReplyDelete