Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Transformation

I love picking up older pieces of furniture, I always look for them and intend on painting them. I do not have any unpainted furniture in our house, except for our bedroom furniture...and that will change soon.
But I needed something for the front entrance of the house. I was looking for some storage also. You know, a place to put away mittens, and purses, and a few candles.



I picked up this dresser for a song. I loved the legs on it. It was in pretty bad shape. It needed a good sanding and new handles. But the furniture was solid and the curves on the front gave it some interest.
Here is the dresser after a first sanding and when the handle holes are filled up. You can see one of the pups having a peek at what I am doing.
After a coat of primer tinted black, I painted the dresser with a colour called Black bean soup. It's not a pure black, it has a touch of brown in it. But from a distance, it looks very black.
Here it is:
We picked up brushed nickle handles and they do add a nice touch. I will be painting the red mirror above it in the same shade of black. Quite the transformation, right?


How do you like my Eiffel tower lamp? That was the pièce de résistance for me. I loved the lamp as soon as I saw it and knew it would have a great spot on that dresser.
I am quite happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment