Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here comes the fall!

I am not a big fan of the fall season, I much prefer the winter months. I think that it's the rain and the shorter evenings that I object to.

But on a beautidul day like today, what's not to like.

We have had a doe with her two fawns visiting almost every day lately. They come for the apples in the apple tree by the house. The fawns are so much fun to watch, they are playful and energetic.

With the cool weather of the past few days , a knitted hat was on the knitting list. I had this hand dyed yarn. It's a mohair and wool blend that I dyed this summer.

And mixed with black wool yarn I had on hand it became this Fake Isle Hat. You can find this pattern on Ravelry here.

The top looks like a star. I blocked it this afternoon and it fits me just perfect.

I think that a pair of matching mitts would be really nice to have. Thanks to Ravelry, I might have found the pair that I will make to match this hat.

1 comment: