Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A day with an old friend

When it's been too long since you have spent good quality time with your favorite friend, it's a real treat to do so for a whole day.
My friend and I did such a thing today.

Wanna see her picture?

Here she is.

Years ago, my sewing machine used to be my constant companion. Now, I take her out only occasionally.
I started sewing when I was 12 years old. And I sewed a lot, all the time, making most of my clothes and most of my children clothes till they were in their teens. I even sewed my wedding dress because I could not find what I wanted in the stores and prom dresses for both my daughter and myself.
My fabric stash was quite impressive back then.
Now, I don't sew my clothes anymore. I pretty much only sew for our home. Curtains, roman shades, duvet covers, slip covers...

Todays rain meant indoor time. So out came the sewing machine and with a search through the fabric pile, I came up with a couple of things I could quickly make today.

Here are the completed projects.
Pillows on the sofa badly needed some updating. At the end of the morning, I completed red and yellow pillow covers for the rec room sofa.


Last night, while reading a few of my favorite blogs, I came across this very well illustrated tutorial for a small project bag. It's actually a lunch bag but I will use it for small knitting projects. You can find the tutorial here.


 Using left over fabrics is always perfect for these small projects.


 The bag is lined with a blue and white gingham.


It has a drawstring top on the inside so that you can hide your project and protect it from dust and dog hair!

So all in all, a good productive day. 

1 comment:

  1. Great creations! Those cushions are nice and bright for your rec room. That's a great way to spend a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete