Thursday, July 14, 2011

FO Cotton Baby blanket

Well, it's not Monday but I have another FO to show you.
I first showed you a baby blanket here.
I knew I would eventually knit the Hopkins Baby blanket again.
This time it's with a chunky cotton/acrylic yarn in cream.
I can't remember when was the last time that I've knitted with cotton. But the blanket does have a nice weight to it. Since it was a chunky weight, it was done in no time. It measures 29'' x 29''. So it's not so much a crib blanket as a stroler/car seat blanket.

I washed it in the washer and partially dried it in the dryer. I had to make sure it would still look ok before I gave it as a shower gift to a pregnant cousin of mine.
It came out of the dryer looking and feeling really great. So all is good for the busy parent with little time to hand wash the baby's stuff!
I'm working on a little something to add to the blanket gift...can you guess what it might be? I'll post pictures when I'm done.
 And, last night, on my way to see my parents for a couple of hours (I wasn't driving!), I casted on for another baby blanket. This time a lighter weight, 100% cotton in white.

1 comment: