Monday, July 4, 2011

FO socks for me!

I love to wear hand knit socks but I must admit I find it long and tedious to knit them. It must have something to do with the small fingering yarn and the small 2.5mm needles that is required to knit socks. It must also have something to do with the fact that after finishing the first sock, I have to start all over with the second one.
Well, if I want to wear them, I have to get down to business and knit them!

But...I might have found a compromise. I recently knitted a pair of socks using a sport weight yarn and 3.5mm needles. The socks were knitted up in no time at all and I love them.
The colour is not clearly shown in this picture. (I really must look for a new camera.)
It's somewhere between a rasberry colour and plum.
The yarn is 100% Peruvian Highland Wool. I'm eager to see how it will wear on the heels.


Here is a better idea of the colour. This pic comes from the Knit Pick website.
The lace pattern is very easy to remember. Instead of the picot edge I knitted a plain rib for the cuff.
I'm sure, I'll knit with this yarn again.
Yup, this is a great compromise...

Pattern: Rainy day socks (Ravelry link)
Colour: Fairy tale
Needles: 3.5mm


No comments:

Post a Comment