Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lights out for two

A migraine kept me pinned to my bed for the past two days. *sigh* After seeing countless doctors, naturopaths, physio therapist, massage therapists, accupuncturists...I have still not been able to find anyone that can make them go away. *sigh*
Oh, well, just get up and get on with life.

My yarn is spun and last minute gift is casted on.
No pressure for the last minute knitting...if it's not done for Christmas, I will wrap it while still on the needles! Nameless will understand that the gift will be done in the week following Christmas.
I must show you this scarf. The colours are so great...blend of pinks, purples, yellows.

The shape is more or less circular, since the cast on of 130 stitches is doubled on the third row to almost 260 stitches.

The amount of stitches is doubled one more time just before the 1 x 1 rib on the edge.


Patterns: 28's cousin 53! (available for free on Ravelry)
Yarn: my hand dyed fingering 100% merino
Needles: 4.5 mm circular needles
Modification: kept knitting the 1 x 1 rib till I almost ran out of yarn.

The pattern says there is no need to block but I chose to steam it with my iron just to take away all puckers. I prefer it that way.

I will do a bit of baking today, so I'll have a few things on hand for the weekend.
I hope the next few days before Christmas will not be too stressful for you, take the time to breathe and enjoy the moment. First thing we'll know, it will be Monday and all over with.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope that migraine gets gone for you to enjoy Christmas with your family.
    Impressive spinning and knitting as always.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete