Monday, February 20, 2012

They did it again!

Just yesterday, I was telling you how I liked the Purl Bee website for it's patterns.
Well, they did it again with a new pattern. It's actually a revised version of a baby pullover they had already published.
They now have added Toddler sizes to this knitted cardigan!
And I have a toddler grand daughter to knit it for!! 
With stash yarn and needles I knitted a small piece to get the right gauge. I started with the 3.5 mm needle size suggested but ended up doing better with a 3.25 mm needle. The purl row on my swatch is where I changed to the other needles size.
 Problem is I will need to go shopping for some circular needles in 3.25mm size. I have straight needles in that size but I prefer to knit this one piece cardigan on circular needles...

The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend and should be perfect for a little spring/summer cardigan. But do you see that knot? I've only knitted a few inches for the swatch and I have a knot in the yarn!
Not impressed.
I hope this is not going to be the case for the remainder of the skeins I have on hand.
I now hope to complete the Grecian rib scarf this week so that I can cast on for this pullover!
Knitting scarves take so much time.

How about a few pics of the pups? They are now 8 weeks old and all weekend long, one by one, they have been joining their new families. We now have only three of the eleven pups left till next weekend when they will also be joining their new owners.

This is Billie, a sweet female.

They love playing outside in the warm sun.
With only three left, the house will be quieter. It will be so much less work as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment