Sunday, June 3, 2012

Where's the sun!

Another rainy day in northern Ontario!
I know we needed it badly and that the fields are much greener but I would love a sunny break now and then. A few more days of rain are in the forecast.
Sock knitting is progressing well. I love how this yarn is knitting up. Lot's of different colours that show up well with stockinette knitting.

Sometimes plain socks are just right. These have a pattern on the leg only.  Knitting them two at a time from the toe up. This way, I'll be able to knit till I feel they are long enough or till I run out of yarn.

What happens when you put an Oreo cookie in the bottom of a lined cupcake tin...


...then cover it with chocolate cake batter...


... and bake it?
A little bit of sunshine happens!

Recipe can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Orea cupcake. I bet I know who is coming to visit for a cupcake ;) (not me, silly, the granddaughter ;))
    Your hay producer is loving this rain, I bet.
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcake/cookie thing looks amazing.. Like a sweet tooth overload. Also I love the yarn you are using for your socks it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete