Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rain clouds

We've had several days of rain lately. Lot's of rain for still being winter.
I feel so sad to see my wonderful white snow disappearing.
I feel so much joy every time I look out my windows and see the white landscape.
I enjoy every moment of winter.
It's like a good friend is leaving and I won't be seeing her for many many months.
The snow is now full of water and is very icy in some spots...warning to member of the family with recent hip replacement to stay clear!!
 
Water running down the driveway onto the road.
 
Making the roads soft and muddy.
We watched our young pup play in the puddle yesterday, splashing and trying to catch the droplets.
If only I could find such pleasure in this mess!!

 
 Heavy rain clouds don't allow much of the light to shine through.
But at the moment, the strong wind is blowing them away.
Maybe, just maybe, that means there will be no more rain this week??
 
The colour in the sky is so much like the colour of my finished Alcyone shawl.
 
A mixture of greys, whites and lavender.
 
For Christmas of 2011 my darling hubby walked into a yarn shop and purchased a lovely skein of yarn for me. It doesn't matter the kind of yarn nor the colour...just the fact that he walked into such unfamiliar territory (for him) made this gift such a treasure for me.
 
 
I found it difficult to complete this shawl because it required constant attention, lots of concentration, counting, checking of charts and written instructions...definitely not tv knitting.
But in the end, I'm very happy I did persevere.
The colours are difficult to capture but I think you see them best here.
Project info here

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shawl! I love small shawls that are knit sideways. I must queue up that pattern.

    It is sad to see winter leave when you get a silvery white one. This year all we got was the mud so I am more than happy to start something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shawl! I hope all the mud dries up quickly - I love spring but I hate the drear and mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your work definitely paid off because the shall is very pretty. You do lovely lace work! I remembering that beautiful beaded shawl you did a while back also. I'm not looking forward to the muddy melt off either but for now we are still buried in the white stuff and getting more as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breath taking gorgous shawl. And huge koodoo's to your excellent hubby. The colour is perfect and will look stunning on you. ♥Debi

    ReplyDelete